SOURCE: @COURTTV/YOUTUBE; AP

The parents of Massachusetts mother Lindsay Clancy have received an extraordinary outpouring of financial support as their daughter’s closely watched triple-murder trial enters a critical stage.

A GoFundMe created to help Mike and Paula Musgrove cover the mounting costs of standing by their daughter has already raised more than $800,000 toward a staggering $2 million goal — less than a week after it was launched.

The massive fundraising effort comes as prosecutors rested their case Monday, August 17, in the murder trial of 36-year-old Clancy, who is accused of killing her three young children inside the family’s Duxbury, Massachusetts, home.

Clancy has admitted strangling her children — Cora, 5, Dawson, 3, and 8-month-old Callan — on January 24, 2023.

Authorities say Clancy sent her husband, Patrick, out of the house on errands before killing the children. She then jumped from a second-story window in an apparent suicide attempt, suffering injuries that left her paralyzed from the waist down.

Her attorneys are not disputing that Clancy killed the children. Instead, they argue she was suffering from severe mental illness, including postpartum psychosis and bipolar disorder, and should not be held criminally responsible.

The case has become one of the most emotionally charged murder trials in the country, with testimony focusing heavily on Clancy’s mental health treatment and the medications she was prescribed before the killings.

As the trial stretched into its 14th day, Wisconsin TikTok creator Brandee Mulligan launched the GoFundMe to help Clancy’s parents, who have remained a constant presence throughout their daughter’s legal ordeal.

According to the fundraiser, Mike and Paula have spent more than three years traveling, paying for accommodations and covering other expenses so they can stay close to their daughter.

They reportedly relocated from Connecticut to Massachusetts and have used savings they spent decades accumulating.

“For more than three years, Mike and Paula have shown up for Lindsay,” the fundraiser states.

Organizers stressed that the campaign is not asking donors to agree with Clancy’s defense or take a position on whether she should be convicted.

Instead, Mulligan said the money is meant to recognize the enormous financial toll the case has taken on her parents.

“Nothing about this fund asks anyone to share their view of Lindsay or the criminal case,” the fundraiser explains. “It asks donors to recognize the extraordinary financial burden her parents have carried simply by continuing to be present.”

The donations are intended to help cover travel, lodging, living expenses and other costs the Musgroves have accumulated while supporting Clancy.

The response has been enormous.

Nearly 12,000 people have reportedly donated, with contributions ranging from just $5 to one anonymous gift of $10,000.

Mulligan said the fundraiser was established with the Musgroves’ knowledge and consent. Clancy’s defense attorney, Kevin Reddington, is also reportedly aware of the campaign.

The money will ultimately be controlled by Clancy’s parents, who will decide how it is spent.

Meanwhile, Clancy’s defense team is attempting to bring another TikTok figure into the courtroom as it prepares to present its side of the case.

Emily Thorndike, a licensed clinical social worker who previously worked at McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts, posted a lengthy TikTok video criticizing the prosecution’s depiction of the psychiatric hospital where Clancy had been treated shortly before the children were killed.

Thorndike worked at McLean for more than seven years and has publicly disputed what she described as misinformation about the level of treatment and resources available at the facility.

Reddington has asked the judge to allow Thorndike to testify about staffing shortages and the types of activities patients allegedly participated in, including coloring, clay projects and group sessions.

The defense appears poised to argue that Clancy’s mental health problems were far more severe than prosecutors have portrayed — and that the treatment she received failed to prevent a catastrophic psychiatric collapse.

With the prosecution now finished presenting its case, attention turns to Clancy’s defense as jurors move closer to deciding whether the mother responsible for the deaths of three children should be convicted of murder — or found not criminally responsible because of mental illness.


Discover more from Next Gen News

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

One thought on “Lindsay Clancy’s Parents Receive Stunning $800K in Donations”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *