Three A-list stars have reportedly turned down the opportunity to perform at King Charles’ Coronation concert this spring.
The concert is set to take place at Windsor Castle on Sunday 7 May, with a slew of stars taking to the stage to mark the occasion.
Music man of the hour Harry Styles, legendary hitmaker Elton John and ’90s pop sensations the Spice Girls are all said to have been approached.
According to reports, the three acts all turned down the opportunity due to their busy schedules.
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Buckingham Palace, Harry Styles, Elton John and Spice Girls for comment.
Harry is currently city-hopping with his concert tour, named Love On Tour, and will be performing in Coventry in May.
While the Spice Girls, who were made up of Victoria Beckham, Mel C, Mel B, Geri Horner and Emma Bunton and split up in 2000, were said to reunite for the coronation.
Last month, they were reported to be coming back together for the concert – but now appear to have turned down the performance.
Elsewhere, Take That are reportedly set to join the star-studded line-up of acts, including sisters Kylie and Dannii Minogue.
The iconic boyband, which now consists of Gary Barlow, 52, Mark Owen, 51, and Howard Donald, 54, are said to be headlining the event at Windsor Castle in May, according to reports
It is expected that Jason Orange, who left the band in 2014, could also sing with them in the celebration.
However, Robbie Williams is understood to not be appearing in the show.
The show is being broadcast on the BBC, a day after the King’s Coronation and is expected to draw in huge ratings.
Gary Barlow’s band has had a host of hits since they began in 1990, enjoying success around the world.
They are touring in the summer but reportedly did not organise any venue for May 7 in case they were performing in the concert.
Kylie and Dannii are also reportedly performing at the concert alongside Lionel Richie, after sending fans wild with their surprise reunion at Sydney WorldPride earlier this week.
For the Coronation concert, more acts are expected to be revealed in the coming weeks, with a source saying: ‘The biggest names and acts in world music are being approached for the concert.
‘If you draw up a list of the most popular acts in the world over the past 30 years then they are all being considered.
‘But Take That were right near the top of that list and are a massive coup for the organizers to get over the line so early.’
Earlier this week, Kylie and Dannii joined in on a rendition of Kylie’s hit, All The Lovers, delighting the Sydney Pride crowd and viewers watching the live stream around the world.
The pair were clearly having a ball, linking hands and cuddling up close as they sang and danced together.
Kylie wore a bright blue lace bodysuit with large sheer panels throughout, as well as flowing netting.
The famous sisters last shared a stage in 2015, while appearing on The X Factor.
At that time, they performed their duet 100 Degrees, a track from Kylie’s Christmas album, for the very first time.
It comes after Robbie and Mark thrilled Take That fans as they reunited in a funny Instagram video last month.
The pair were filmed by Robbie’s wife Ayda Field as they tucked into pizza while bizarrely sitting in high chairs.
Mark and Robbie joked that they were the babies of the band as they sat in high chairs belonging to Robbie’s daughter Coco, four, and son Beau, two.
Ayda quipped: ‘I enjoyed both of you guys in the baby chairs. I think its a good look’, as Robbie replied: ‘There was nowhere else for us of sit. And also we’re the babies of the band.’
Fans were very excited to see the two singers together, rushing to thank Ayda for sharing the clip.
They penned: ‘OMG you almost made my heart stop. How cute are those two??? I looooove seeing them together, Thanks for sharing!’;
‘This little clip has made my year ❤️ Oh my goodness. Tomorrow is blue Monday, not anymore. Thank you Ayda ✌Heart = FULL ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ x x’;
‘Aww..Rob and Mark together has made my day ❤️ love them in the baby chairs x’
The reunion comes after Mark recently said he ‘would love’ Robbie to rejoin Take That.
Take That formed in 1989 and went on to achieve 12 number one singles on the UK Singles Chart along with eight number one albums and are currently the most successful boy band in UK chart history.
The original line-up featured Robbie, 47, who left the band in 1995 and forged a phenomenally successful solo career. The group disbanded a year later.
In 2006 the band – minus Robbie – reunited and enjoyed great success once more.
Robbie returned to the band in 2010 for new album Progress but stepped down once in 2014.
Mark has previously said he, Gary Barlow and Howard Donald were planning their next LP as a three-piece, but hoped Robbie may join them at some point.
Leave a Reply