Boy Dies After Consuming Energy Drink at Grandma’s House

A 6-year-old boy has died after reportedly consuming a glass of Monster Energy drink.

Francisco Cervantes was visiting his grandma’s house in Matamoros, Mexico, when the incident took place on April 16.

According to reports, the youngster saw a glass on the table filled with Monster Energy – an energy drink – and gulped it down to quench his thirst.

He immediately began to experience discomfort and was taken by his horrified relatives to the local Alfredo Pumarejo Hospital.

After admission, he was diagnosed with intoxication and, later, brain death.

He spent six days hospitalized in a coma, as his mother, Jessica, initially refused to allow him to be disconnected from his artificial life support machine.

His devastated mum was later quoted as saying: “I thank all those who came to offer us their support. Unfortunately, my son couldn’t take it anymore.

“Right now we’re going to see about the funeral expenses to give him his Christian burial.”

It was not reported if Francisco had any known pre-existing health conditions.

Various health professionals and services, including the NHS, advise that young children should not consume energy drinks, which are often high in caffeine and sugar.

Leave a Reply

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: