Father Dies from Poisoning on Family Vacation to Disney World in Florida

A British dad has tragically passed away whilst on a family vacation to Disney World in Florida after being poisoned by Fentanyl.

Philip Weybourne, 40, from Kent in the United Kingdom was enjoying a vacation with his wife and young son when he collapsed at a bar.

Toxicology reports stated that he had fatal levels of Fentanyl in his system. The CDC describes the drug as a “synthetic opioid that is up to 50 times stronger than heroin and 100 times stronger than morphine.”

During an inquest at County Hall in Maidstone, it was said that the 40-year-old was rushed to hospital where his condition deteriorated rapidly before he sadly passed away.

During the hearing, his wife, Dorlyn Weybourne, read the following statement: “We began our holiday at Disneyland, in Orlando, Florida, on May 20, 2022. On May 23, we woke up late and had no theme parks to attend on that day. It was just going to be a relaxing day, we booked a meal at the Boathouse, a seafood restaurant at Disney Springs which is also home to tours in vintage amphibious automobiles.

“My son and I had been shopping and met with Philip at 1 PM at the Boat House. We had the best lunch, we drank champagne like we did when we lived in Dubai.”

“Afterwards we went on an amphibious car ride and to end our day we headed back to the hotel at about 5:30 PM.”

Dorlyn explained that her husband wanted to continue drinking, so headed to the Yacht Club hotel at Epcot Resorts Boulevard alone.

It was two hours later when she heard a knock at her door and she was told of her husband’s condition, and how he had been rushed to the hospital.

“When I got to the hospital I didn’t see my husband. I just remember the doctor telling me his time of death, 8:06 PM,” she explained.

During the hearing, Assistant coroner Catherine Wood said: “This must have been very difficult and distressing for Mr. Weybourne’s family.

“I don’t know the circumstances that led up to his death as Mr. Weybourne died in another country. He had no underlying health issues and I am content, after the findings of the autopsy, that his death was caused by fatal levels of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid used as a pain medication.

“I offer my sincere condolences to Mr. Weybourne’s family. It must have been a great shock and not something you needed to relive at the inquest. I hope you can begin to rebuild your lives.”

His family concluded the hearing with: “We spoke about Philip’s life at his funeral. It is time for closure.”


Original Article

Leave a Reply

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: